Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Trip to The Zoo.....or Where it all Goes to the Animals


This weekend, Davis and I went to the Stone Zoo in Stoneham, Ma with my cousin Tommy and my sister Maureen.  Davis loves animals so this was a great trip for him.  It's a smaller zoo, but they have some great animals.  I think next spring, I'm going to purchase a zoo membership and take Davis several times over the spring, summer and fall next year since he enjoyed this trip so much.  The Stone Zoo is one of two zoos in the Zoo New England network.  The other is the Franklin Park Zoo in Boston, MA.  Within the next few weeks, we plan to go visit that zoo as well.  In the mean time, here are some of the pictures I took while visiting the Stone Zoo.

Davis peering through the glass at the Black Bear exhibit

This is how my son looks standing next to a black bear

Perfect sign for both the bears and a lot of toddlers.

Cougar

Tommy and Davis in an old mine car

Davis' hand compared to the Lynx's paw print

Jaguar

Spider Monkey

Gibbon

Davis and Tommy petting the Pygmy Goats

Mexican Grey Wolf

I wonder if this is one of Santa's Reindeer.

Cave explorer. The window goes to the Coyote exhibit

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are great! Looks like fun! You have a new follower from the hop! I look forward to following your blog! Come visit Mama's Little Chick.

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete