Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday Blog Hop and I'm "That" Mom




The week before last, when I brought Davis to school, his teacher asked if I could try to bring him in earlier than I had been. Since Davis started, we've slowly been getting there later and later. At first I'd get him there by 8:30, now I'm lucky to get him there by 9:30. The problem with this is that they start their curriculum portion of the day between 9 and 9:30 so Davis missed out on circle time a few times and one day he missed out on the morning activity because we got there too late. I knew this had been an issue I just didn't realize until that day how bad it had become. I work from home at the moment so I would just take my time in the mornings and try to get Davis there when he was ready.
After they said something to me, I made more of an effort to get him there on time and have been doing fairly well. He's usually there by 9 or 9:15 now. I know I should try to get him there earlier than that even but it's hard since we're not really morning people.
This morning, we were running late because we had to wait for my aunt to get home from work so we could take her car to drive Davis to school. So Davis didn't get there until 9:30 or a little after that. When we walked into the school, the director was in her office and called out good morning as she usually does. I noticed as I replied that she glanced up at the clock. Even though we had a valid reason for running late, I felt like I was back in high school being chastised for being late to class. Ugh. I hate that feeling.
I hate even more being the only mom in his class who does this. All the other kids are there by the time Davis gets there so I feel like I'm holding things up.

3 comments:

  1. My youngest goes to a Montessori daycare in the afternoons. All the other children that attend go full day, so I often feel like she is missing out, too. But, it's what works best for us and that's what you have to think about.

    Dawn @ Mom-a-Logues

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your newest follower from the Tuesday Blog Hop! You can visit me at www.giveawaysformom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!!! We are your newest followers! We hope you will come visit us at www.justmarriedwithcoupons.com, Have a great day =)

    ReplyDelete