Monday, August 9, 2010

If Mama Ain't Happy Monday

I always feel bad posting my complaints online for anyone to see but since there's a reason, thanks to Mommy In Suburbia, I guess I'll get some things off my chest...

~Mama isn't happy about sitting and waiting in an office for an hour and a half to two hours just to be handed a slip of paper and told, "call this person and make an appointment" when I can plainly see that others who are also "walk-ins" are getting called in to meet with people....and those same people go there after me.
~It aggravates me that my cousins at 15 and 11 years old, still cannot do things around the house without it coming down to a shouting match and threats.
~It aggravates me that they get away with it so much.
~Mama isn't happy that it's been six weeks since my sweetie put in his order for a fan and he still hasn't gotten it so he's sweating 24-7. By the time the DOC actually gets the fans to those guys, the summer will be over and they won't need them anymore.
~I hate that I procrastinate so much, on everything. I know it'll be easier to just get it done but I still find myself finding other things to do instead.
~I think it sucks that so many college students are having trouble getting financing to go back to school this fall. My cousin Lindsay is halfway through a 4 year program to get her nursing degree and is struggling to find financing to finish. If she doesn't finish, she's stuck with $50,000 of student loans to pay back which will be almost impossible while working a minimum wage job which is pretty much all she'd be able to get.
~Mama doesn't like it when my little man gets sick. He had a less than 24 hour bug over the weekend, he woke up Saturday night puking, was up til about 1:30 and then fell asleep. When he woke up Sunday morning he was fine. So I guess it could have been worse but still, no one likes a sick toddler.

I think that's it for now. I'm sure I'll have more next week.
Now to balance it all out.....here are some of the good things that have been happening...

~My little man is all better now and is back at day care today.
~I registered for all my classes for the fall semester so I'm officially a college student again. I can't wait to start, I love school.
~I actually got all four of the classes I wanted too....English Composition 2, Computer Applications, Introduction to Paralegalism, and Practical Logic.
~Last week, I won the local library's adult summer reading raffle. They gave me a $25 gift card to Mann Orchards, a really great farm stand type place that makes fresh lunches daily. We love them so it was perfect.
~I love that Davis actually loves to help clean up and do stuff around the house.




4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for being the first to participate!! I have to admit that I was getting nervous that no one would want to play with me :) You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear some of the unhappinesses going on in your life, but the good things rock, so there's a bit of balance, correct? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Joanna...Glad to participate,it was fun.
    @Z.J.Ascensio....the good things definitely balance out the bad, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh all those things make me crazy too. Especially the one about the 15 and 11 year olds. I know all about screaming matches.

    ReplyDelete