Thursday, August 5, 2010
Writer's Workshop Thursday
1.) If you could do it over again…
2.) If you were put in “time out”, where would you want to be placed and why?
3.) Steppin outside the box (describe a time when you went way out of your comfort zone)
4.) A long drive…
5.) Describe the first date you went on in a boy’s car.
Reading over today’s prompts from Mama Kat, I discovered several things…..
1. There are many things I wish hadn’t happened in my life or I wish I hadn’t done but I’d be too afraid to change things for fear that it would change the good things in my life too much. For example….if I had done better in high school and gone to college right after, I wouldn’t have discovered that I really want to study paralegal studies and I just would have gone for an English major. Not that it would have been a bad thing, but I’m not sure what exactly I would have done from there. Now I have more direction in my goals. I also would not have started working for the book store where I met my fiancé. All in all, any of the bad decisions I’ve made have resulted in some good…sometimes even great things happening in my life.
2. I can’t think of a single thing I’ve done that was dramatically out of my comfort zone. I tend to just go with the flow of life and don’t think of anything I’m doing as taking chances. Though I guess you could say that becoming a mom is outside the comfort zone for most people as you can never really know what to expect or get prepared for it.
3. The longest drives I take lately are to visit David. And I kind of miss the days (or nights mostly) when I used to take off in the car and drive around aimlessly. Sometimes alone, sometimes with friends…..either way it was a great way to spend some time either thinking or talking.
4. The first date I went on in a boys car was so forgettable that it wasn’t until I started typing this sentence that I remembered it had even happened. I actually started to say that my first date in a boys car wasn’t appropriate to write about in such a public forum….then I remembered the dates I had with a senior in high school when I was a freshman that weren’t really dates. He later “clarified” to me that we were just friends.
5. So that just leaves time outs. I’d love a time out in the form of a beach vacation, laying on the sand in some tropical paradise with a frozen margarita and a good beach read. But only if I can take David along with me so that will have to wait a few years….maybe we can make that fantasy become a reality then but in the meantime, I’ll just keep swimming, just keep swimming